International conference on “Changing Political Landscape in the Muslim World” will be held on September 5-7, 2016 in Srinagar, India with the cooperation of Scientific Studies Association (ILEM) and Centre of Central Asian Studies, University of Kashmir to host scholars and researchers around world for paper presentation and discussions regarding recent issues and current political developments in the Muslim World. The conference aims at bringing different viewpoints together around the theme from different intellectual backgrounds and regions of the Muslim World. Furthermore, the organization would be a great contribution to the cooperation and experience sharing among scholars and institutions around the Muslim World.
The fact of political change in the Muslim world is being studied and debated in academia in recent years from different perspectives and theoretical frameworks through many new developments in Muslim societies such as Arab Uprisings. These developments have been causing structural change of political landscape both on a global scale and specifically in Muslim countries. In this regard, the conference aims to understand and explain current political developments and situation in the Muslim World through presentations and discussions which deal with causes, results and impacts of the change.
In this context, submissions are sought on any topic related to changes in the Muslim World, including, but not limited to:
- Global Politics and the Muslim World
- Arab Uprisings and the Middle Eastern Politics
- Political Economy of Arab Uprisings
- Sectarian Clashes in the Muslim World
- Rise of Extremism in the Muslim World
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Intervention
- Challenges of Security and Freedom
- Ethnic and Religious Diversities
- Poverty and Inequality
- Economic Policies and Development
- Arab Revolts and Aftermaths in Muslim World
- Globalization and Cultural Challenges for Muslim Societies
- Socio-Political Tensions Between Muslim Countries
- Regional Crisis and Developments
Abstracts on these topics or similar ones could be submitted by email sending to firstname.lastname@example.org until July 15, 2016. The abstracts should be between 250-400 words and written in MS Word format. All submissions will be blind reviewed by the Program Committee on the basis of technical quality, relevance to main theme, originality, significance, and clarity. Accommodation expenses of all participants will be covered by the organization.
- Abstract Submission: July 15, 2016
- Notification of Accepted Papers: August 1, 2016
- Notification of Final Program: August 15, 2016
- Conference Dates: September 5-7, 2016